Missions & Beliefs
The mission of R. D. Anderson Applied Technology Center is to provide a positive, innovative, and challenging applied learning environment in which staff, families, and the community work together so that all students have an opportunity to develop marketable job skills and work ethics necessary to be successful in the ever-changing workplace and/or post secondary education.
- Every student is entitled to a safe, comfortable, and positive learning environment.
- The mental, social, emotional, and physical development of students is the cooperative effort of the school, the parents, and the Community.
- Positive attitude, academic achievement, and work ethics are the key ingredients to successful performance.
- High expectations that are clearly defined will increase student performance.
- Every student is ultimately responsible for his/her own learning and his/her own actions. Discipline should be fair, administered equitably, and founded upon reasonable principles and policies.
- It is the responsibility of the school’s faculty and staff to provide a variety of instructional approaches and meaningful activities to enable students to discover, develop, and utilize their talents.
- Every student is valued individually with unique physical, social, emotional, and learning needs.
- Students should be given a variety of opportunities to demonstrate essential knowledge and skills, actively resolve real-life problems, and produce quality, marketable works.
- Skills that promote appropriate behaviors for the world of work are essential components of the educational experience.